Tuesday, January 22, 2008

35 years later: Roe v. Wade

Here are some quotes from an AP article entitled: 35 years after Roe V. Wade: Numbers tell complex story

There are some choice quotes in the article, some that will make you happy and some that will definitely enrage or sadden.

I'll start with the bad... my emphasis & [my comments]


“It doesn’t just happen to young people, it (abortion) doesn’t necessarily have to do with irresponsibility [uhhhhhhh.],” said Miriam Inocencio, president of Planned Parenthood of Rhode Island. [pray for her.] “Women face years and years of reproductive life after they’ve completed their families, and they’re at risk of an unintended pregnancy that can create an economic strain [yeah, babies are such a damn burden].”


About 13 percent of American women are black, yet new figures from the Centers for Disease Control show they account for 35 percent of abortions. [Unbelievable. The Democrats and the left are protecting blacks? Nice try.]


It wasn’t a hard decision for me to make, because I knew where I wanted to go in my life—I’ve never regretted it,” said Kimberly Mathias, 28, an African-American single mother from Missouri. “It wasn’t hard to realize I didn’t want another child at that time,” Mathias said. “I was trying to take care of the one I had, and going to college and working at the same time.” [Becuase it's all about her. Work, play, school, her future; how dare a child get in her way. Besides, why can't she have sex without consequences whenever she wants? A great role model for junior. Pray for her.]


Now a good quote from Martin Luther King Jr's niece:


By contrast, Alveda King, a niece of Martin Luther King Jr., calls herself a “reformed murderer” for undergoing two abortions when she was young.
Now an anti-abortion campaigner, King says the best way to reduce abortions among black women is to dissuade more of them from premarital sex.
“We give free sex education, free condoms, free birth control,” she complained. “That’s almost like permission to have free sex, and the higher the rate of sexual activity, the higher the rate of unintended pregnancy.” [Amen, sister!]

No comments: