Saturday, April 25, 2009

Twittering church?


Trinity Church Wall Street...
After inventing the 'clown mass'; Trinity Church got another great idea...

As a follow-up to presenting the first-ever twittered Passion Play on Good Friday, Trinity Wall Street will now make its Sunday worship services at Trinity Church available via Twitter, the social networking site that allows users to update followers in short bursts of content. Beginning on Sunday, April 26, 2009, the historic church whose founding dates to 1697, will relay services in a series of "tweets" that capture the content of Sunday worship from opening procession and call to worship through scripture readings, the sermon, prayers of the people, and the Eucharist.

Designed to convey the depth and beauty of the liturgy and Holy Eucharist within Twitter's 140 character limit, Trinity's Twitter worship content will capture the essence of the service with truncated language from the Book of Common Prayer, the Bible, and the sermon.


Follow Twitter the Passion at twitter.com,twspassionplay and enable direct messages.

twspassionplayvia @_Peter_of_: is waiting in the courtyard of the High Priest Caiaphas. I ran scared when the officers came but I need to see how this ends.
8 minutes ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplay via @ServingGirl: Darkness and earthquake. I heard the curtain in the temple was torn in two. I wonder�
less than a minute ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplay via @Pontius_Pilate: They want this done by nightfall. I sent my soldiers to break the dead men�s legs. Are my hands clean of this?
less than a minute ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplayvia @ServingGirl: is so tired. Caiaphas and the priests have been up all night questioning a man who claims to be the Messiah. And I wait on them.
8 minutes ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplayvia @_JesusChrist: Let the scriptures be fulfilled. It is as the prophets wrote. I am who you say I am.
1 minute ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplayvia @_Peter_of_: is heartsick. I abandoned him. I denied him. I couldn�t believe it, even as the words came out of my mouth.
about 1 hour ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplay via @Pontius_Pilate: Bad feeling about this. The prisoner won�t talk. The priests accuse him of blasphemy and sedition, and he just stands there, waiting
about 1 hour ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplay via @Mary_Mother_Of: I have no peace, though I have talked with angels, and in my bones I know he is Emmanuel. It rips me to hear the crowds chant �Crucify him!�
about 1 hour ago from GroupTweet

twspassionplay via @Pontius_Pilate: What harm has this man done? Why does the crowd cheer on his murder? I wash my hands of this. They can do what they want
about 1 hour ago from GroupTweet

No comments: