Thanks to Father Z.
Some bullet points of the Roman Pontiff’s sermon pronounced in Italian:
* 1st Vespers of the Marian feast.
* O admirabile commercium, the antiphon for the first psalm. "Wondrous exchange". In the Te Deum we sing "Tu, ad liberandum suscepturus hominem, non horruisti Virginis uterum"
* Tonight we are invited to gaze at Mary who received Christ in her heart and brought Him to the light of the world.
* Theotokos. Mary is known as Mother of God from antiquity. The Church affirms this belief.
* Thanksgiving for the year placed in the hands of Mary. This is shared with those present, from city and ecclesiastical government and the faithful present.
* Ask forgiveness for our poor use of time.
* We must know how to give thanks every day, for only in Christ is the light of the mystery of man. (Gaudium et spes 22).
* Christ’s presence is a gift to be shared by all. Initiatives of charity. Educate people in hope.
* The uncertainty of our day. Mary leads us to Christ. Vocations of parents.
* Concern for the city of Rome, a hedonistic mentality. There is a growing need for evangelization.
* Young people: don’t be afraid! Don’t fear the task the Lord has entrusted to you. The Holy Spirit will help you bear witness to the joy of faith and the beauty of being Christian.
* "The world falls into ruin and everyone is thinking of himself."
* The maternal presence of Mary assures us that God will never abandon us.